There are so many things around us that go in waste that can be used to make amazing useful products that can be helpful in our day to day life. All it requires to make such useful things are unique and creative best out of waste ideas. To promote such thinking of not letting things go in waste, schools organize Best Out Of Waste Competitions where students have to make a useful product from the waste materials.
Before looking for unique and creative best out of waste ideas, let us have a look at different types of waste that can be very useful.
Types of Waste Material
It includes waste like kitchen waste, vegetables, flowers, leaves, fruits, etc.
It includes waste like old medicines, paints, chemicals, bulbs, spray cans, fertilizers and pesticide containers, batteries, shoe polish, etc.
It includes paper, glass, metals, plastics, etc.
Apart from the above-mentioned wastes, there are many more types of waste that can be used while making the best products from waste. You will come across many more types of waste when you will go through the best out of waste ideas.
Unique and Creative Best Out Of Waste Ideas
Here are the 10 best Unique and Creative Best Out Of Waste Ideas to reuse the household waste and make some amazing and beautiful products out of it.
1. Bottle Money Bank
Here is the first idea in the list of creative best out of waste ideas. Wondering what might be the productive way to use the bottle waste? Let’s Bottle Money Bank from bottle waste.
- Plastic Bottle
- Piece of Paper or Colors
- Felt Pens
How To Make?
- Use a clean and dry big soft drink bottle.
- Cut a slot on the side of the bottle in such a way that a coin or a note can go through
- Cover the rest part of the bottle with paper in a creative way or paint the bottle with colors
- You can also make your money bank look like a pig by attaching ears on the bottle and drawing the face on the cap
- Your Bottle Money bank is ready
2. Gift Bags from Newspaper
Another idea in the list of best out of waste ideas is to make Gift Bags from newspapers to give gifts or keep various things.
How to Make?
- For this, you will need the newspapers.
- Cut in the shape of a rectangle of width and length of your choice.
- Fold a flap from the top and from the sides.
- Apply the glue on the flaps from where it is folded.
- Make holes on the top and apply string to form handles.
- The bag is ready to carry.
3. Sock Snowman
Take out the loose and waste socks from your waste and turn it into an adorable snowman.
- 1 sock from the pair (preferably white or light-colored)
- 1 Colored sock
- Sesame seeds
- Rubber bands
- Map pins
- Cloth or ribbon
How to Make
- Cut the white sock in half.
- Turn it inside out and fill it with sesame seeds.
- Make a nice round base and secure the top with a rubber band.
- Tie another rubber band about 3/4th of the way up to make the head look like a snowman.
- Glue the buttons on the belly of the snowman
- Use the map pins to make its eyes and mouth.
- Use the top portion of the colored sock to make the snowman’s hat.
- Lastly, use the cloth or ribbon to make the snowman’s muffler. Your sock snowman is ready!
4. Ice-Cream Stick Bookmarks
Most of the ice-cream sticks go in the dustbin. Let’s reuse this way to make great bookmarks for great books.
- Ice cream sticks
- Felt pens
- Googly eyes
How to Make?
- Wash and dry the waste ice cream sticks.
- Leaving the top 1/4th part of the stick empty, twirl and wrap the ribbon around the stick.
- You can also use pens to color and decorate the stick.
- The top part is for the face, stick googly eyes and draw a mouth.
- Your bookmarks have characters as interesting as the books they’ll be in now!
5. Vase From Bottle
Make full use of the waste cold drink bottles or plastic bottles to make a flower vase.
- Glass or plastic bottle
- Masking tape (optional)
How to Make?
- Wash the bottle and remove the label of the company.
- Paint the bottle in the color of your choice to make it look attractive.
- Once the paint dries, top it up with another hand of paint so the color is opaque enough.
- You can also use masking tape if required to make beautiful patterns on the bottles to make it look attractive.
- Before painting, use the tape to make the design you want.
- The time when you remove the tape after spray painting the bottle, that part will still be transparent and will look lovely.
- Add flowers and your bottle vase is ready to adorn your living room!
6. Ice-Cream Stick Fighter Plane
If you love flying then let’s make a fighter plane out of the ice cream sticks.
- 4 ice cream sticks
- 1 wooden clothespin
- Eraser/Small bead
How to Make?
- Wash the ice cream sticks.
- Paint the sticks as well as the clothespin in any color that will look attractive and let them dry.
- Cut one ice cream stick into 3 pieces and join two end pieces in a straight line with glue. Plane’s propeller is now ready.
- Cut a little bit of the eraser, paint it and leave it aside to dry.
- Glue 2 ice cream sticks to the clothespin, perpendicular and equidistant from each other.
- Flip to the other side of the clip and repeat the same process with 2 more ice cream sticks, so that they overlap each other
- Glue the eraser to the ice cream stick so that the propeller is complete!
- Stick the propeller on the mouth of the clothespin. Your plane is ready!
7. Shoebox for Storage
Shoebox is available in each and every house. So let’s make optimal use of it to create a Shoebox Maze.
- Tape (if the color matches the box even better)
- Cartoons from the newspapers
- Aluminum Tin
How to Make?
- Cover the outside part of the box with cuttings of cartoons from the newspaper.
- Tightly seal the insides of the box with Tape.
- Try to create some interesting images out of the cuttings at the top of the box to create some sort of beautiful effect.
- Take the soda can and crush it hard (adults need to do this) and make it as flat as possible.
- Place the flattened aluminum at the top of the box and write the name of stuff that it’s going to store or your name and it’s done.
8. Tin Can Lanterns
Making this best product will require some help from adults, make sure you help them out in handling the can as it might hurt the children.
- Tin can
How to Make?
- Wash and clean the tin can and let it dry.
- Fill the can with water and put it in the freezer for some time.
- Remove the can from the freezer and then poke two holes in the can, one on each side.
- Use the wire to make a handle attaching it to the two holes
- Make various holes around the can with hammer and nails. You can choose to create a pattern of holes or just be random.
- Paint the inside and outside of the cans in fun, vibrant colors.
- Once it’s all dry, you can put fairy lights or tea light candles in them to turn them into lanterns.
9. Paper Cup Lights
Create an amazing and beautiful garland of lights from the leftover paper cups at your last party.
- Paper cups
- Fairy lights.
How to Make?
- Take paper cups and put 2 slits in an X shape on the bottom of each cup.
- Color the cups and keep aside to dry.
- Once dried, put the LED light bulbs through each slit.
10. Matchbox Suitcase
Have you ever thought of using a matchbox? So, let’s make a creative suitcase out of the matchbox for dolls.
- Light and dark brown paper
How to make?
- Cover the top of the matchbox cover with the light brown paper.
- Make 4 circles of the dark brown paper and stick them on each corner of the suitcase.
- Cut thin strips of dark brown paper and stick them on the sides.
- Make a small handle with the light brown paper and stick it on top.
- You can also decorate the suitcase with travel stamps or a name tag.
- Insert the inner box back into the cover. You can use this to store tiny bits and baubles!
So these were the 10 best Unique and Creative Best out of Waste Ideas. If you think that are more interesting ideas that can be added to the list then let us know in the comment section.