Are you unaware of the fact that you can link mobile number to Aadhar card online? or you don’t know what is the procedure of doing it? If you are having similar kinds of questions in your mind then you have landed on the correct page. We are going to give you a step by step guide on how to Link Mobile Number To Aadhar Card Online.
If you are living in India and you don’t have your mobile number linked to your Aadhar Card then you might have to face many difficulties. It is one of the most important identity proofs issued by the Government of India. AS per recent updates, the linking of Addhar Card with your mobile number has been made mandatory by the Government of India. There are also many benefits that the Government offers on the linking of Aadhar Card and mobile number.
Benefits of Linking Mobile Number To Aadhar Card
- Security of citizens as well as the country. Linking mobile numbers to Aadhar card helps in getting the mobile numbers being operated by fraudsters, money-launderer.
- Linking every mobile number with Aadhar helps in identifying criminals and terrorists and punish them according to the law.
- Records can be kept of how many mbile numbers are issued with same Aadhar Card.
- Different subsidies under schemes like Pahal, DBT, and many others are credited into the bank account of the beneficiary directly on linking the Aadhaar.
How to Link Mobile Number To Aadhar Card Online Via OTP?
One-Time-Password (OTP) is one of the most secure ways of verifying things digitally. It involves two-step verification. Here is how you can link a mobile number to Aadhar Card online via OTP.
- Make a Call on 14546 from your mobile number.
- Now they will ask whether you are an Indian or an NRI.
- Give your consent to re-verify Aadhaar by pressing 1 on your mobile.
- Enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number and confirm it by pressing 1.
- An OTP will be generated and sent to the registered mobile number.
- After that, give consent to your operator to access your name, photo, and DOB from UIDAI
- IVR will read out the last 4 digits of your mobile number
- Enter the OTP received if correct
- Lastly, press 1 on your mobile phone to complete the process.
So this is how you can easily link mobile number to Aadhar Card online via OTP.
How to Link Mobile Number to Aadhar Card Offline by visiting the nearest store?
In case your mobile number is not registered with your Aadhaar, you can also visit the nearest Permanent Aadhaar Centre(PAC). If you are a Jio/Vodafone/Airtel User, you can visit their nearest store. So here is how you can link Mobile Number to Aadhar Card Offline
- Visit the nearest mobile store.
- Don’t forget to carry a self-attested copy of your Aadhaar card.
- Provide your mobile number to the executive.
- The executive will send an OTP to your respective mobile number.
- Provide this OTP to the executive.
- Now register your fingerprints.
- You will get a confirmation message from your sim operator.
- Reply to the message with ‘Y’ to complete the e-KYC process.
What are the Documents Required To Link Mobile Number With Aadhar Card?
Only a self-attested copy of your Aadhar card and that you don’t have to provide any other document, address proof, or identity proof.
So this is how you can link Mobile Number with Aadhar Card Online. Hope you find this article helpful. Don’t forget to share this informative post with your friends.
If you still have any doubts about how to link mobile number to Aadhar card then let us know in the comment section below.