Earlier, the TikTok app didn’t have the option of deleting the account. Many users reached TikTok’s customer care in order to find out how to delete the TikTok account permanently. So later, the app got the ‘Thinking about removing your account’ option which helped users to delete a TikTok account.
TikTok has become the ultimate destination for people searching for mobile entertainment. It is a social networking service where TikTok users make short lip-sync, comedy, or talent videos. But once you are into TikTok either for making videos or viewing it, it is very difficult to come out of it. You get addicted to it and you start wasting your precious time behind it. So it is very important to come out of it. So the first basic step to avoid TikTok is to delete a TikTok account permanently.
How to Delete a TikTok Account?
The best way to avoid using TikTok is simply by not having an account on it and not having the app on your smartphone. This will help you to save a lot of time which you can invest in many other things that can give you good returns.
So here are some basic steps one needs to follow in order to delete a TikTok account.
1.Open TikTok App in your Phone or Tablet.
2. Tap on the Profile icon at the right-bottom corner of the Home screen.
3. Tap on the three-dot menu button in some smartphones or on the Settings icon in some smartphones. It is present at the top-right corner of the Profile.
4. A pop-up will appear and click on Privacy and Settings located at the bottom of the list.
5. Tap on Manage My Account located on the top of the list under Privacy and Security.
6. After that, navigate to “Thinking about removing your account?”
7. Then the app will send a verification One Time Password code on your registered number. Enter that code and click on the Continue button.
8. Scroll down and tap on the Delete Account option present at the bottom screen.
Once you delete a TikTok account by following the above-mentioned steps, it will remain under the “deactivated” status for 30 days, in case if you wish to change your mind and want to activate your account back. If you sign in back with the old user id and password within that time period your account will be activated again. If you don’t sign in within that time period, your account will be then deleted permanently.
Recently, TikTok was banned in India because of the lack of privacy and security. The company revised its policies and approved the app in the court and made sure that the ban was lifted. Though the ban was lifted, there are still many drawbacks in this app which is forcing the young generation to lose focus from their primary priorities.
The recent updates in the TikTok app have made the process of deleting the account very easy and quick. Though after deleting the account user has a time period of 30 days to activate the account back. But after 30 days the account will be deleted permanently. So before deleting the account make sure that you think twice before making the decision.